Sunday, December 31, 2006

happy new year !





Since I have been busy, I haven’t had much time to bake or blog. Still I am slowly continuing to make things that intrigue me. So I decided to make Nigella Lawson’s Clementine Cake, which I have had bookmarked since I saw the recipe in 2004. it only took me two years to get to, oh well! The cake was lovely and moist and best of all simple to make. The version I have made is from the Green and Black’s chocolate book where, Nigella advises to grate 100g of Maya Gold Green and Black chocolate over the cake once it has come out of the oven. Let the chocolate completely cool before you cut. To make mine a little more festive, I dusted it with gold dust. Wishing you all a wonderful 2007!


Technorati Tags: ,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous, Sam!

I look forward to all the lovely things you'll create in 2007! Happy New Year!

Alanna Kellogg said...

I've made this several times, with grapefruit, blood oranges, etc. It's always good. And MUCH to my surprise, it can also sit open on the counter for several days and actually improve. Imagine!

Sara said...

What a beautiful cake. Happy New Year!

Jann said...

oh, this really turned out well-it's perfectly delicious looking!

village mama said...

Hello fellow Torontonian/baker/lover of food!

I've been dying to make this cake since I got the recipe from our Front Door Organics box last week. Good for you for f-i-n-a-l-l-y making time to bake it.

As I type the clementines are into their second hour of simmering. I came across your blog because I was trying to figure out if anyone out there has had any success with a vegan version.

Lovely pics!

Sam said...

Hi Ivonne - Thanks! I also look forward to the things that you will create in 2007l. Happy New Year!

Hi Alanna - I really enjoyed the cake and I too noticed that it improved with flavour the next day. Thanks for the wonderful suggestions of grapefruit and blood oranges. I hope you have a great 2007.

Hi Sara - Thanks for visiting and I wish you a wonderful year as well.

Hi Jann - I am very happy how the cake turned out. I am also glad that I finally got around to making it. Thanks for visiting.

Hi Village Mama - Yay another Torontonian food blogger. Happy New Year! I hope you enjoyed the cake as much as I did. Cheers.