Thursday, December 28, 2006

chocolate pot de crème





I didn’t have very much time to make a dessert for Christmas dinner, so I decided to make chocolate pot de crème by Michel Bras. I had some praline left over so, I decided to flavour the cream with it. Make sure to strain the praline out before combining the chocolate and butter into cream.


chocolate pot de crème

7 oz (200g) bitter chocolate
1 3/4 cups (400g) heavy cream
3 Tbsp (50g) unsalted butter


preparation

Boil the cream. Melt broken chocolate pieces with butter. Beat thoroughly with a whisk. Pour into ramekins and keep cold until ready to serve.
* Flavour the cream with coffee or praline, if you wish.

From, The Notebooks of Michel Bras Desserts

I found these cute shot sized ceramic cups at this years One of a Kind exhibition in Toronto. When I bought these, I had pot de crème exactly in mind.



Technorati Tags: ,

4 comments:

Jann said...

looks really wonderful and delicious!

Brilynn said...

I was going to ask you where you got your lovely cups and where I could get some, then I read to the bottom of your post. Nuts! The One of a Kind show is great though, there's so much neat stuff.

Sam said...

Thanks for visiting and for your nice comment Jann. Happy Holidays!

Hey Brilynn, Happy Hoildays! I forgot the name of the potter, but if I find out, I will let you know. Maybe he will be at the One of a Kind show in the spring. Cheers!

Patricia Scarpin said...

Hello, Sam, Happy New Year!

This is my first visit to your blog and I had to comment - what lovely cups! I'm sure the crème was delicious as well. :D

If you'll excuse me, I'll go check the other recipes you've posted. ;D

Best regards from Brazil,
Patricia.