Saturday, July 22, 2006

mixed berries with lemon honey sorbet





The weather seems to be getting hotter. In the heat, it is hard to concentrate and get things done at times. Here is a fresh and simple summer dessert: mixed berries with sorbet. I made a quick lemon honey sorbet for my berry salad. If its too hot or inconvenient, I suggest buying some lemon or raspberry sorbet to spoon on top.

Lemon honey sorbet

100 g. sugar
100 g. honey

275 ml water
juice of 7 lemons

Place the sugar, honey and water in a pan, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minute. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a while. Juice your lemons. Mix the lemon juice and the sugar syrup together, cover and refrigerate until cold or overnight. Stir sorbet mixture and freeze in your ice cream machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions.

Technorati Tags: ,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aha! I finally get to look at your beautifully tempting berries on a day when I too am going to be playing with berries in the kitchen.

Cheers, RS

Anonymous said...

The weather is most definitely getting hotter! Toronto has been a steaming pit for the last week and right now, I could really go for some sorbet and berries.

Lovely!

Alpineberry Mary said...

Lemon sorbet with berries sounds absolutely delicious! I'm really enjoying your blog and beautiful photos.

Sam said...

Hi RS, Ivonne and Mary,

Thanks for all your comments. Summer is just such a fantastic time for fruits, berries, ice creams and sorbets. I hope that you are all having a wonderful summer.