Saturday, May 06, 2006
new york city : post 5
Thoughts about my NYC experience
Some of the other establishments that I visited:
1. Chinatown Ice Cream Factory: This small ice cream parlour’s regular flavours include almond cookie, black sesame, ginger, red bean, taro and ube. Their exotic flavours include chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, butter pecan and rum raisin.
2. Rice to Riches: a store selling 30 different flavours of rice pudding! Their flavours include raspberry statement, rest in peach, hazelnut chocolate, coconut coma, pistachio saffron and many more.
3. Fluff: a fun, whimsical café that makes homemade versions of Hostess Twinkies, Snowballs and Susie Q’s, along with other great American classics.
Some places I look forward to visiting in the future:
1. Café Boulud: for desserts made by French pastry chef Eric Bertoïa—I can’t wait.
2. Michel Cluizel Chocolate Bar: this chocolatier offers a 35-minute guided chocolate tasting for US$35.
3. WD50: a hip and hot restaurant that serves innovative and playful food and dessert.
My hope is that these NYC posts will help you on your next trip to this great city, or even inspire you to visit.
See more pictures of my New York City dessert adventure!