Wednesday, February 28, 2007

eating in montréal


Breakfast at Reservoir

Chocolate Creameux at Cluny Art Bar

Mac and Cheese at Montée de Lait

Hot chocolate from Les Chocolates de Cholé


Last year I visited Montréal for the first time and ate some fabulous and delicious food. This year I had the opportunity to visit two more times and wanted to share some of my favourite spots. Here is a slide show of my Montréal eating adventure.


Cluny Art Bar – Fantastic lunch spot, yummy desserts

Pintxo – Spanish tapas

Montée de Lait – Lovely restaurant specializing in delicious milk and cheese inspired dishes

Trois Petits Bouchons – Nice wine and supper spot

Reservoir – Good reliable breakfast and brunch

Schwartz’s – The one and only deli to get smoked meat sandwiches

Le Club Chasse et Peche – Possibly my favourite restaurant in Montréal serving top quality French food

Au Pied De Cochon – Everything Foie Gras you could ever want

Laloux – A lovely bistro with great desserts

Les Chocolates de Cholé – The best chocolate in Montréal

Santropol – Healthy and hardy sandwiches - homestyle

Patati Patata – Yummy mini burgers and poutine


If you are doing research on where to go to eat in Montréal check out the March 2006 issue of Gourmet Magazine and” the one and only Montréal Food Guide “ written by the lovely and knowledgeable Michelle and AJ of the blog An Endless Banquet.


Technorati Tags:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam! We're hoping to make it to Montreal sometime in the late spring/early summer, so I am duly noting your recommendations.

Peabody said...

I love Montreal...if only I could get my hubby to go with.

Jann said...

I need to visit this city-looks like lots of good food that way!

Herch said...

Hey Sam,it's Ferrer here.Sorry to bother you but i wish to know the procedures and recipe for making a good chocolate cheesecake....can you teach me or send me a link to refer??Thks,cos i am baking it for someone important.haha.Cheers!

janelle said...

I shouldn't read blogs when hungry! I need to go make dinner... though those photos just make me want to go out!

Aimée said...

Wow you really got around the city! Glad you had such a great time. Come back soon!

Anonymous said...

You sampled some of our best. You can also try Pullman on Du Parc Street for the wine selections and tapas. La Porte on Saint-Laurent Street is worthy of a visit. Gilly put them on your list.

This Thursday, I am lucky to have a party at Club Chasse et Peche; I love eating there.