Canadian Blogging By Post #1Welcome to sweet pleasure : plaisir sucré. I’m Sam and I have the pleasure of hosting the first Canadian Blogging By Post (CBBP) event. Ivonne of Cream Puffs in Venice and Tania of The Candied Quince will be hosting future CBBP events.
Open to food bloggers who reside in Canada, Canadian Blogging By Post is an exchange of care packages.
Four easy steps:
1. Make a recipe: it could be your favourite, something passed down, or something you have created.
2. Post it on your site.
3. Send me your information (see below for details).
4. Make a care package, and send it off once you have received an address.
The plan is to put together a package that includes:
The recipe you have posted with one or more of the following:
a. Ingredients (e.g. that are for your recipe; that are interesting specialty items; or, that are local products).
b. An accompaniment that you might pair with the recipe (e.g. a drink, a sweet confection, a photograph, or a text).
c. Something homemade (e.g. a card, a handmade craft, a drawing or a sketch).
d. Anything else that you would like to include.
It is really up to you to interpret and decide what to put in. You are welcome to be creative. Just make sure it’s safe and sound for a care package.
Given that my site is dedicated to all things sweet, I have chosen "chocolate" as our theme, but please do not feel that you need to restrict yourself to the sweet kitchen.
The deadline for submitting your entry is May 5th. I will do the match up that weekend and send you a postal address. On May 7th you mail off your package and wait with eager longing for your parcel to arrive from a mystery sender!
*Things to note:
• Use your judgement before including anything fresh – beware of spoilage!
• You don’t need to send tons! 3-4 items are fine. Remember, if someone isn’t home, they have to collect it at the post office.
• Please try and post on the Monday so that the package is delivered that week rather than sitting at the post office over the weekend.
Include the following information in your email to me:
θ The permalink URL of your Canadian Blogging By Post entry
θ Your name
θ Your blog’s name
θ Your blog’s front page URL
θ Your postal address
θ Any allergies or dislikes that you have
I will post your initial recipe entry as a round up; so, email me your entry details at email@example.com.
Once you have received the package, you are welcome to leave a comment in the round up for the lovely person who sent it to you. If you post the contents of the package on your blog, remember to leave a message and a link in the CBBP round-up comment section. This is because we are all curious!